Monday, April 12, 2010

Painted!

Finished the detail painting on momma tonight...whoot! Pretty much almost done now...well I have to be or else!

Okay, so here's the to do list that's left-
1. paint preschool hippo's underside
2. touch up momma's grey shell and duct tape behind my head to cover the obvious pillows
3. waterproof preschool and momma
4. cut back excess lower jaw and drill and attach the two pieces
5. attach feet to the pants I'm going to wear
6. finish all the gazelle masks
7. maybe make three tails really fast
8. maybe add some shoulder padding if time
9. maybe add some eyelashes if time

not too much but still time is ticking down and the waterproofing will take a nice day to do...hopefully I'll get it done this next weekend so it can dry and be completely ready for the 24th!

here are pics of momma in all her glory and my little helper Eve....


2 comments:

  1. I think I just figured it out. That thing is going to be VERTICAL on your head??? Is that right??? I guess I'm really slow. I've been trying to figure out how you were going to wear it. Wow... That's impressive. And you're making all the gazelle masks???

    Hippos are cool. Natalee = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it's not vertical, but I had to paint the jaw so it can't rest on the ground...the tusks are not strong enough...it's going to be at a slight angle, my head will be inside just below the eye...I'm making all the gazelle masks minus one....lol

    ReplyDelete