Sunday, March 21, 2010

Preschool hippo

Hippo fact for the day-Hippo calves weigh nearly 100 pounds at birth and can suckle on land or underwater by closing their ears and nostrils.

Well I got a good start on preschool hippo (my son Kyle's costume)...basically he will be wearing a hippo had and a grey sweatsuit. I hope to get him to wear some feet of some sort but we'll see how the time goes.

The hat will sit on top of his bike helmet.



This is the rough carving of the hat, I will paper mache and possible put a little pulp on it (trying to keep it as light as possible so trying to avoid too much of anything on it.



notice the bike helmet is in place so it will be pretty flush and hopefully minimally visible...not that a Lightening McQueen hippo would be a bad thing mind you.....

2 comments:

  1. You are totally amazing. I don't know if you realize that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Kathy...this is so rough, it's going to look okay by April 24th though.........I HOPE!

    ReplyDelete